Global political experience: North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia
A RECORD OF SUCCESS
Winning in politics is all about strategy: One must navigate between the onslaught of negative attacks, the daily-changing political unions, surviving unexpected scandals and presenting your message so that it connects with voters. My partners and I have years of experience in not only creating, but implementing, such strategies. Smartly playing your strengths, against your opponents’ weaknesses, leads to a successful – winning – political campaign. We have only one objective: Your victory.
We will use our experience to help you succeed. Many of the people who turn to us are:
- Political parties or leaders seeking to come to power;
- Political parties or leader seeking to maintain power;
- Want to improve the public image of a person, or company;
- Looking for strategies for defending a person, political party or company that is embroiled in a scandal, or facing ongoing attacks in the media;
- Need quantitative and qualitative sociological research for politics and businesses.
Recent political projects, since 2014
- Advising a major political leader on public outreach and on the creation of a national brand, political strategy, international relations, press relations, and social research. Having built a national brand, the party has become a major national political force.
- Consulted a post-Soviet presidential candidate against a pro-Russian politician. Using a multifaceted approach to quantitative research, was able to create a paradigm shift as to how voters perceived both the race, and the candidate.
- Guided a European politician to improve messaging strategies to combat the constant attacks by incumbent political parties and a hostile press. This included the creation of forceful counterattacks, as means of reprisal, to be used in case of any future attacks launched against the client party or its leadership.
- Conducted national pollings and focus groups for a parliamentary political party and trained senior political party officers on best practices in polling administration and sociological research.
- Directed a US Presidential campaign on outreach to citizens in diaspora, which used both cutting-edge social media and classic grassroots activism to engage the 7.8 million Americans living outside of the country – a first ever for an American Presidential campaign.
- While contracted with Cambridge Analytica (a sister company of the SCL Group), managed the “big data” analytics and digital outreach of the U.S. Presidential campaign of Senator Ted Cruz, that has revolutionized modern American and international political campaigns. (Article here: English / Статья на русском языке)
- As Senior Political Adviser, worked for the Liberal Democratic Party of the Republic of Moldova, the party of then P.M. Iurie Leanca, and subsequent Prime Ministers Natalia German, Valeriu Strelets, Chiril Gaburici, in the lead to their successful 2014 Parliamentary Elections.
- Following a scandal that lead to his ouster from office, worked with a nationally elected European politician to improve the public’s perception of him and to counterattack his opponents.
Highlighted political projects prior to 2014
- Managed and advised over a dozen United States political campaigns, both incumbent and first-time candidates, in every aspect of political campaigns: strategy, messaging press relations, grass roots activism, data science, messaging, quantitative/qualitative research, defending against character attacks and negating negative PR.
- Worked for US Sen. John McCain’s 2008 Presidential campaign in a critical swing state by implementing a complex national strategy at the regional level. This strategy blended microtargeting with the realities of a rapidly changing national narrative as to the significance of the election.
- Lead a current Parliamentary party in the former Soviet Union’s efforts to create and implement a strategy to maintain their strong positives and to reduce attacks from opposition media. Driving a new narrative for both domestic and international press, the party was able to stop their rapidly declining popularity and to improve their favorable rating by 8% within two months.
- Worked with a senior political leader in Latin America on how to improve his public image and rating leading to the winning Presidential elections, and advised on what steps must be taken immediately after the elections to assure that his popularity would not plummet given a weakening national economy.
- Managed the victorious re-election campaign of an American city council member who was outspent by a ratio of 6:1 by using targeted messaging.
- Organized in-depth opposition research efforts for an American politician seeking to unseat a long-term, popular incumbent. Shepherded all aspects of the research, analysis and subsequent messaging based on the materials uncovered that allowed for prolonged attacks to be launched against the incumbent.
- Successfully consulted an incumbent American on how to change the public narrative that he was ineffective and not in-touch with voters’ needs.
Business, non-governmental and government reform projects
- Country Director of the International Republican Institute (IRI) in the Kyrgyz Republic, working at the national, oblast’ and local level in political campaign organization. Advised elected officials at the local, Parliamentary and Presidential level.
- Lead the International Republican Institute’s (IRI) work with Russian opposition leaders and political parties. As a result of his support for the Russian opposition, he was declared persona non grata by the Kremlin and recieved a lifetime ban from entering the Russian Federation.
- Corporations; including corporate-government relations in the US and internationally.
- Reform of local, state and national governments in the developing world. This included detailed work with United States government grant, including the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), National Endowment for Democracy (NED), and the United States State Department’s Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL).
- Oversaw corporate administration for a major Latin American banking software company as it sought to expand its market share. Worked closely with all members of the corporation, from software engineers to the CEO, in order to identify what would allow the product to be more widely accepted.
- Professionally fluent in Russian, Spanish and English.
- Strong command of other Slavic and Romance languages.
Education and academic activities
- PhD candidate: Political Science (dissertation relates to character assassination as a tool in politics).
- Master’s Degree: Political Science (thesis relates to American political strategy as applied in the post-Soviet space).
- Graduate certificate: Security studies.
- Bachelor of Arts: Government and International Politics and Russian Studies.
- Senior Researcher to Character Assassination and Reputation Politics Research Lab (CARP) since 2011.
- Continues to publish academic articles relating to character assassination execution and defense, political campaigns and politics.
Media appearances in regards to our clients
Total confidentiality: Due to both the highly sensitive nature of political work, and our great respect for our clients, we absolutely do not disclose with whom we previously, or currently, work without first receiving their approval to do so.
For media requests about political strategy, political consulting, political campaigns, international relations, international politics, character attacks/assassination, and character defense, please see “Press requests.”